Investment Opportunities and Strategies in Asian Healthcare Markets
At Healthcare World Asia 2012 in Singapore, Shift Health President Dr. Ryan Wiley led a discussion about key questions shaping the future of investment in Asian healthcare markets:
- What are the major opportunities and challenges for healthcare investment in Asia?
- Which investment models are most appropriate for private healthcare markets in Asia?
- How can public-private partnerships meet the challenges of capacity, affordability, quality and investor returns in Asian markets?
This paper illuminates the context in which healthcare markets in Asia operate:
- Rising demand for high-quality healthcare in the context of persistent supply gaps;
- A rapid increase in healthcare spending; and
- Complexity in market dynamics, the policy landscape and investment models.