Amplifying Applied Research in Canadian Colleges
Shift Health Signs BlackNorth Initiative CEO Pledge, Committing to Ending Anti-Black Systemic Racism
Shift Health Hosts Webinar on Embedding Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Accessibility (IDEA) in Research-Intensive Organizations
Embedding Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Accessibility in Research-Intensive Organizations
College research programs address a critical gap in the Canadian research and innovation landscape by:
- Focusing on addressing the needs of local/regional businesses and stakeholders;
- Working at the pace of business to deliver practical, real-world solutions;
- Offering favourable intellectual property terms that enable business partners to retain ownership;
- Providing real-world training focused on practical skills and hands-on experience; and
- Filling the technology development gap between applied research and commercialization.
While governments across Canada increasingly recognize the value of college-based research, colleges aspiring to unlock the potential of their research programs face scarcity of targeted funding, heightened competition from other academic institutions, and the need to demonstrate the impact of research investments.
Shift Health’s recent thought piece explores the unique dynamics that colleges must address to establish a competitive edge, presents proven and emerging strategies to distinguish research programs, and highlights success stories from the Canadian college ecosystem.
For more detailed insights, download the PDF.