Part-Time IT Systems Administrator
Job Description: Part-Time IT Systems Administrator
Shift Health brings a science mindset to strategy consulting for the health research and innovation ecosystem. We blend scientific depth, sector leadership and global perspective, tackling our clients’ most challenging questions with curiosity, rigour and courage. We work with leaders from Government, Academia, Industry, Not-for-Profits and Care Providers on complex strategic initiatives that move ideas, knowledge and technologies from concept to impact.
In support of our work, we increasingly leverage a wide variety of digital tools, most notably the suite of Office 365 applications to collaborate across the team, enhance the efficiency of our work, and manage the large volume of information we collect and generate. Recognizing the need to enhance our digital capabilities, Shift Health is seeking a part-time (0.4 Full Time Equivalent [FTE]) IT Systems Administrator to join our dynamic team and enhance the development and adoption of digital solutions.
As IT Systems Administrator, you will work closely with our experienced consulting team, rapidly building exposure to and leading a wide range of IT projects. Shift Health’s IT Systems Administrator is expected to perform the following duties and responsibilities:
- Work with internal stakeholders to maximize Office 365/SharePoint functionality and user experience.
- Develop and implement Microsoft Project and Microsoft Dynamics applications (or equivalents) that integrate business development, CRM, project management and finance functions.
- Code value-adding IT processes (e.g. Microsoft Flow, PowerApps) that automate internal tasks.
- Create digital tools (e.g. PowerBI dashboards) to communicate data effectively and powerfully to our clients and for internal purposes.
- Design and implement corporate knowledge/data management, security and privacy policies and processes (e.g. database design, data archiving) and keep up-to-date on relevant legislation and standards.
- Training team members on new tools and applications.
- Help advance our corporate IT strategy by providing informed advice on current technologies, best practices and industry standards.
- Post-secondary education in a digital technology-related discipline.
- Expert knowledge of MS office suite (including MS flow, power BI, Microsoft Dynamics, Microsoft Project, Project Operations, etc.).
- High proficiency using Digital Workplace Solutions (SharePoint, Teams, Teams, Planner, PowerApps, Flow, Microsoft Dynamics, Project Operations, etc.).
- Knowledge of data security, storage, sharing and privacy legislation to align with internal IT policies.
- A minimum of two years experience with Office 365 administration.
- Excellent technical, presentation and communication skills, both written and verbal.
Shift Health is based in Toronto, Ontario.
COVID-19 Update: To protect the health of our team, Shift Health’s physical offices are currently closed. We expect to work remotely until at least mid-2021. The IT Systems Administrator should initially expect to work remotely from a Canadian location. Shift Health is open to onboarding a qualified individual who may reside elsewhere in Canada over the long-term and can work remotely even when our team returns to the office.
This is a part-time (~16hrs/week; 0.4FTE) position. A competitive hourly wage will be provided.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply for this position, please forward a cover letter and résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Shift Health welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
ABOUT SHIFT HEALTH
Shift Health brings a science mindset to strategy consulting for the health research and innovation ecosystem. We blend scientific depth, sector leadership and global perspective, tackling our clients’ most challenging questions with curiosity, rigour and courage. Delivering sharp insights and customized solutions, we’re helping to create the future of healthcare.
The measure of our success is evident in some of our proudest achievements: leveraging over $1 billion in public and private sector financing for our clients; working with most of the world’s ten largest biopharmaceutical companies; and driving more than 50 healthcare and innovation partnerships globally. Every member of the Shift Health team started as a health and life sciences researcher and possesses the unique ability to couple scientific and clinical depth with business and management acumen. Our work across the health research and innovation ecosystem has shifted thinking about healthcare in more than 40 countries in North America, Europe, Latin America, Southeast Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
SHIFT HEALTH’S WORK ENVIRONMENT
Shift Health cultivates a fast-paced, high-energy work environment that provides diverse experiences and opportunities. Our consultants are highly collaborative, working as members of high-performing teams on a variety of projects across sectors. In addition to the opportunity to work on a spectrum of exciting projects with clients who are world leaders in their fields, Shift Health is committed to fostering performance excellence through training, mentorship and professional growth.