Shift Health is seeking an Analyst with a science mindset. Toronto.
Shift Health brings a science mindset to strategy consulting for the health research and innovation ecosystem.
Application deadline: 16 September, 2020
Our consultants are driven by passion to deliver scientific, health and economic impact by coupling scientific and clinical depth with business and management acumen. We look for courageous, curious, intellectually nimble professionals who are committed to asking tough questions, applying analytical rigour and generating insights that matter; self-motivated collaborators who are committed to results and driven to excel; and creative, cutting-edge thinkers with the aspiration to design, develop and deliver innovative solutions to advance human health and wellbeing.
As an Analyst, you will work closely with our experienced consulting team, rapidly building exposure to a wide range of project areas and quickly gaining increasing responsibility for engagement design and delivery. Shift Health’s Analysts are expected to perform the following duties and responsibilities:
- Gather, mine, and interpret research from diverse secondary sources
- Conduct primary research, including designing consultation guides, identifying and engaging key informants, participating in consultations and documenting insights
- Analyze and synthesize large data sets to generate insights and support the development of presentations and reports
- Communicate results and recommendations to project teams and clients
- Contribute to business development by working collaboratively on the development of compelling proposals and marketing materials
Shift Health’s client base is geographically expansive; up to 5% of an Analyst’s time may be dedicated to domestic and international travel. Please note that due to the current COVID-19 pandemic, Shift Health is not undertaking any business travel.
Desired Skills and Experience
Education and Experience
- You must have a research-based graduate degree in life sciences (PhD strongly preferred) from a top-tier Canadian or international institution
- An MBA may be an advantage
- In addition to a strong academic background, you must demonstrate distinguishing knowledge, leadership and/or skills honed through other relevant work or extracurricular experiences
Minimum Qualifications and Competencies
- A history of strong academic performance and deep knowledge of science, healthcare and/or the life sciences sector (where relevant, please indicate the number of peer-reviewed publications that you have, notable journals where your research has been published and major awards/funding that have supported your research)
- Track record of professional growth and personal development
- High level of problem-solving and analytical skills
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- High degree of personal initiative as demonstrated through leadership experience in academic, work or community settings
- Excellent organizational and time management skills; ability to manage multiple projects/priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Attention to detail
- High degree of poise and professionalism
- Ability to cope effectively and productively with ambiguity
- Strong teamwork skills demonstrated in both virtual and in-person settings
- Capacity to use collaboration and constructive feedback to deliver excellent work
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office
Remuneration & Benefits
Competitive salary is offered along with a bonus based on personal and corporate performance. Comprehensive, industry-leading benefits plan.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please forward a cover letter and résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your cover letter should include an indication of how you learned about this employment opportunity (e.g. Shift Health website, Twitter, LinkedIn, university career services, career event, Shift Health employee, etc.).
Shift Health welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.