LSO Releases 2020 Policy Forum Report: “Empowering the Life Sciences in Ontario’s Post-Pandemic Future”
Life Sciences Ontario (LSO) releases 2020 Policy Forum Report, “Empowering the Life Sciences in Ontario’s Post-Pandemic Future.” The report captures key insights from diverse forum participants on the impact of COVID-19 on the life sciences sector in Canada.
As the Lead Sponsor for the sixth consecutive year, we were honoured and proud to support the forum as it convened leaders from government, academic, industry, and not-for-profit sectors to foster dialogue on some critical issues, including:
- COVID-19 as a turning point for the Canadian life sciences sector
- The future of the pharmaceutical sector in Canada
- The effectiveness of science communications during a crisis
- The biology of COVID-19 and pandemics
- Leadership in challenging times
- The shifting public perception of life sciences policy in Canada
- Canadian Medtech pre-, during and post-pandemic
The report also captures insights from special guests Hon. Victor Fedeli, (MPP – Nipissing, Minister of Economic Development, Job Creation and Trade, Chair of Cabinet) and André Picard (Health Columnist, The Globe and Mail and the author of five books), on strengthening local supply chains and the horizon for Canadian life sciences, respectively.
The LSO 2020 Annual Policy Forum report, which can be accessed here, was developed by LSO following the forum to summarize the key insights and takeaways from the event.